We try to make the organising of your annual gas safety inspection trouble- free for you.
We can liaise with the tenants to arrange a timed appointment. We give confirmation of all arrangements made., the tenant is sent a text confirming the arranged appointment, with our office contact details included. Invoicing is sent for your records. An Gas safety Inspection Certificate is given upon completion. A master is sent onto yourself and your tenant will be given a copy. We have an annual reminder facility and will contact you when your Gas Safety Inspection becomes next due.
In 1996 it was made the law that all landlords that rent part of or wholly a particular property that all gas appliances and pipe work must be checked every 12 months, and must have a certificate to guarantee this has taken place.
What does a gas inspection of a particular appliance involve?
- Check appliance for gas soundness.
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available
- Check burner pressure and/or gas rate against manufacturers data matrix
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability; presence and effectiveness of stability brackets
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person
- Gas Alliance Services recommend the fitting of CO alarms to rental properties. We are able to supply and fit these alarms within your property.
Our engineer will advise, should your gas safety not pass, which works are required to help rectify the issue. A discount is given if you choose to have a boiler service accompanying your inspection. Multi occupancy premises -we will require access to all rooms for visual inspection by the engineer.
Carbon Monoxide Alarm & Smoke Alarm supply/ fitment is available.