As a boiler ages it can become less efficient which means it needs to use more fuel to heat your home which will cost you more money. An annual service will ensure all the components are in the best possible condition and deliver a higher level of efficiency for longer
A newly installed boiler will usually include a manufacturer’s warranty, your length of warranty depends on how long your manufacturer has given. which means any faults that develop in that time will be repaired free of charge by them. However, this warranty is only valid as long as you get the boiler serviced by a Gas Safe engineer annually.
Here are some of the practices our engineer may carry out during their visit of a boiler service.
- Visual inspection – your engineer will check that the boiler still meets current standards and requirements and look for any corrosion or leaks. They will also visually check the flame in your boiler.
- Removal of the boiler casing – they will then check the components to ensure everything is working correctly and then clean the inside of the boiler. These checks should include the heat exchanger, burner, main injector and spark probe.
- Flue check – the engineer will ensure there are no obstructions in the flue terminals and that the flue is safely fitted.
- Gas pressure check – this will ensure your boiler is working at the correct pressure.
- Boiler fired up – this allows the engineer to check for any working faults
We also can offer a Gas Safety Inspection, this service checks all the gas appliances in the property & the gas metre for safety, a certificate is released upon completion. Please ask for details.